Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Fall

Simply put, visually stunning. It laso has a far better story than I had expected from a Tarsem film after the Cell (which is also visually stunning) and is fairly compelling not only from appearances but also from the method with which the narrative is carried out. Honestly, I expected flash and very little substance but so far I am very pleasantly surprised by the whole package. If the second hour is as interesting as the first I could see this very well being a 4 at minimum.

UPDATE:

Okay, so I just finished watching this excellent film. I've got to admit it is far more than a bunch of beautifully worked images and visuals. The story is fantastic and far more coherent than I expected it to be. Besides being gorgeous and a great advertisement for buying a home theater system I also think it's a magical bit of story-telling. It's not perfect but, overall, I thought it earned high marks.

4.5 out of 5 on my relative expectation scale.

No comments: